SBA Churches Seeking Pastors
Dean Baptist, Tyler; FBC, Troup; Holly Brook, Hawkins;
Ig. Bautista Colonial Hills, Tyler; Lake Tyler, Tyler;
Liberty Baptist, Hawkins; and The Woods, Tyler (committee not yet formed).
8-3-17 Lake Tyler Baptist is currently accepting resumes for a FT pastor. Seminary degree is required. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit is October 1, 2017.
7-20-17 FBC Troup is currently seeking a Part-time Interim Pastor as well as a Full-Time Pastor. Send resumes to Mandi Braswell at email@example.com .
Pastor / Interim Job Description
- Must be a Licensed and Ordained Baptist Minister
- Lead services of Worship in the A.M. and P.M. on Sunday’s and lead a Bible study on Wednesday P.M.
- Call on and visit sick and shut-in members
- Provide pastoral counseling as needed
- To call on perspective new members and inactive members to build the strength of the congregation.
- Officiate at weddings and funerals
- Work with church staff on bulletins, newsletters
- Ordinances Lord Supper & Baptism
Qualifications (Licensed and Ordained)
- Meet or exceed the Biblical Requirements outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Pass a Criminal Background check
- Provide and verify updated Resume
- Provide at least (3) references from last Pastoral Assignment
- Serve the Lord and His Church Body as Senior Spiritual Leader
- Oversee and Administer the Ordinances of The Lords Supper and Baptism
- Support all Committee activities
7-5-17 FBC Tyler is seeking a full-time Minister of Worship who is passionate about connecting our multi-generational congregation to Christ through worship. FBC Tyler has enjoyed a vibrant history of ministry in downtown Tyler since 1848, and currently averages over 500 in church attendance with continued and anticipated growth. While FBC Tyler’s Sunday service has predominantly featured traditional worship (utilizing organ, piano, and Adult Choir), we are trusting God for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented minister with the ability to expand and enhance this traditional worship, while at the same time, introducing more contemporary elements that broaden the range of styles both musically and instrumentally. The ideal candidate would be someone who is able to creatively blend these elements harmoniously to help create a meaningful worship environment for all ages of FBC Tyler’s congregation. Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be a born again Christian with a growing and healthy personal relationship with Jesus Christ;
- Have a heart for Christ-centered worship, servant leadership, and outreach through the music ministry;
- Hold theological views consistent with the Baptist Faith and Message of 1963;
- Have appropriate post-secondary education and/or commensurate experience in music ministry;
- Possess the ability to supervise and lead all aspects of the music ministry including, but not limited to, adult choral ministry, musicians and music ministry volunteers, and programming for all ages; and
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor to plan and lead weekly Sunday morning worship service and other worship gatherings for all generations of FBC Tyler’s congregation.
5-22-17 Calvary Baptist Church in Tyler, Texas is seeking the person of God’s choosing as our full-time Pastor of Worship and Student Ministry. We believe this individual will have a passion for being a disciple of Jesus Christ, for making disciples of lost sinners for Him, and for growing disciples together in fully expressing love for God and all people. We are looking for someone who is a college graduate and is skilled in leading Worship and has a passion for building a student ministry. A well-organized person with healthy communication skills, who sees ministry as a team effort, will find a joyful fit with Calvary Baptist Church. The salary range is between $32,000 to $40,000 a year. Medical benefits are included. Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com. For further questions contact 903-939-3200.
4-26-17 FBC Alba is seeking a Minister of Worship (Part-Time)
The Minister of Worship is responsible to the Senior Pastor for the development, promotion, and administration of the worship programs of the church.
This person will need the skills in leading worship, music, administration.
- This person will need to have a firm commitment to the Lord, a deep devotional life, and the ability to share that faith with others.
- This person will need both a good working knowledge of music and the ability to direct others.
- This person will need the ability to work with people of all ages.
- This person must fulfill the requirements for an Associate’s Degree at an accredited institution or an equivalent amount of experience may be considered.
- Administer the organization, enlargement, and improvement of church music and worship groups in our church.
- Be responsible for congregational singing and music at all regular services of the church. The music will be planned with the pastor, and where differences of opinions exist, the pastor’s wishes shall prevail.
- Oversee a graded choir program.
- Enlist and train music leadership wherever needed.
- Direct the adult choir, Worship/Praise team, instrumental and sound ministry.
- Provide special music for church events when requested.
- Perform related administrative and general functions as appropriate.
- Assist the pastor in such areas of service as requested.
- Provide direct supervision of the church musicians.
- As an ex-officio member, attend meetings of the Music Committee.
- In conjunction with the Music Committee, participate in the annual budget process.
Any digital resumes may be emailed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to mail us your resume please mail to: First Baptist Church, 219 E. Holly Street, Alba, TX 75410. www.fbcalba.com
5-22-17 Calvary Baptist Church in Tyler, Texas is seeking the person of God’s choosing as our full-time Pastor of Worship and Student Ministry. We believe this individual will have a passion for being a disciple of Jesus Christ, for making disciples of lost sinners for Him, and for growing disciples together in fully expressing love for God and all people. We are looking for someone who is a college graduate and is skilled in leading Worship and has a passion for building a student ministry. A well-organized person with healthy communication skills, who sees ministry as a team effort, will find a joyful fit with Calvary Baptist Church. The salary range is between $32,000 to $40,000 a year. Medical benefits are included. Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com. For further questions contact 903-939-3200. (also posted under Music)
8-2-17 FBC Whitehouse is currently taking applications for a Full-Time Secretary. If you are interested in knowing more about the position, visit www.firstw.org/forms for a copy of the job description and application. Deadline for submission is August 21, 2017.
7-5-17 Damascus Baptist Church is looking for a Nursery Director to lead the teaching and care of children three and younger. Experience is not necessary, we are prayerfully considering all who apply. The Nursery Director will be required to be available to the church on Sunday mornings from 9:45AM to 12:15PM, Sunday evenings from 5:45PM to 7:15PM, and Wednesdays from 5:45PM to 7:15PM. The Nursery Director will also be required to supervise and coordinate the schedules of two Nursery Workers. The pay will be $12 dollars an hour and a background check will be conducted. If interested, please email resumes to Pastor Ryan Surratt at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to 17052 CR 4105, Lindale, TX 75771. Please call Pastor Ryan Surratt at 903-480-8888 with any questions.
7-5-17 Breckenridge Village of Tyler is seeking House Managers. Breckenridge Village of Tyler (BVT), a faith-based community for adults with mild to moderate intellectual and developmental disabilities, is seeking ministry partners to serve as House Managers. Click for details BVT Now Hiring House Managers. If questions call 903-531-2144.
3-15-17 Green Acres Baptist Church – South is searching for a part time Children’s Minister. The Children’s Minister will be responsible for leading the ministry to kids from birth to 6th grade. Anyone interested may send a resume to South Campus Pastor Dustin Slaton at email@example.com. For additional information about GABC South, please visit www.gabcsouth.org.
3-2-17 South Spring Baptist Church is accepting resumes for a full-time Children’s Minister. All questions and resumes can be sent to Rrains@SouthSpring.org. A job description available at this link: http://fbctyler.org/files/South%20Campus%20Images/Childrens%20Minister%20SSBC.pdf
6-29-17 Southern Oaks Baptist Church is searching for a new Director of Children’s Ministry. The position is full time and salary ranges from $30,000-$37,000 with the possibility of housing. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 903.561.8025
1-30-17 The Executive Director position for Christian Women’s Job Corps of Tyler will be open in February 2017 and the board of directors has opened a search. An interim director will be named soon while candidates are reviewed. All interested candidates can email their resumes to CWJC Board Chair, Amanda Thornton, at: email@example.com. Job Description
OTHER AVENUES TO HELP YOU FILL YOUR VACANCIES:
http://resume.sbtexas.com – SBTC
The Ministry Well (no longer a free service) allows churches to publicize staff vacancies. Churches do not have to sign-up for a username or password, you simply fill out a form with the information about the job opening and it is posted on The Ministry Well for free. Your church can specify the deadline for excepting resumes. That is the date the posting will automatically be removed. If no date is given, there is a limit of 3 months. At the end of the 3 months the ad can be re-submitted if desired.
Along with this service, your church can place “want” ads. Trying to get rid of old pews, musical instruments, hymnals, etc., just list it on this site as well.