The Park Heights Ministerial Scholarship is given in memory of Park Heights Baptist Church. This church was a very active part of Smith Baptist Association from 1940 until 2010 when the church was officially disbanded and the assets given to an African American congregation. The church put aside monies to be used for this scholarship in order to help ministers further their education as they prepare for ministry.
- The applicant must be a member of a church of good standing in Smith Baptist Association
- The applicant must be attending a school recognized by The Baptist General Convention of Texas, The Southern Baptist Texas Convention, or The Southern Baptist Convention.
- Applications will only be considered once a year. Deadline to submit an application is January 31.
- Each applicant must submit a completed application
- Applicants must submit a letter along with the application stating why they need the scholarship and how it will help them prepare for ministry.
- Each applicant must submit a statement from their church that demonstrates that they are a member in good standing.
- Two scholarships per year not to exceed $500 each will be awarded.
- The Administrative Team of Smith Baptist Association will select the recipients from among the applicants each year. Decisions made by the Team are final.